A four week group for parents/carers who have boys between 0-5 years of age. The programme supports parents/carers to have a better understanding of boys and their development and offers practical techniques to support with boundaries and discipline.
CENTRE: Edward Woods Community Centre 60-70 Norland Road W11 4TX
– Limited crèche places available for children under 5 years of age, booking required
CONTACT: Ushma Bal 020 7605 0800 email@example.com
The course provides parents with the following
- An understanding of boys, their behavior and development
- Practical techniques to set boundaries and provide discipline
- Confidence in getting the best out of boys
- Managing transition.
Every Monday starting 19.02.2018 Time: 10.00am – 12.00pm
STRENGTHENING FAMILIES STRENGTHENING COMMUNITIES [SFSC]
A thirteen week programme for parents/carers who have a child between 3-18 years of age living in Hammersmith and Fulham. Parents are introduced to a range of strategies to enhance children’s behaviour and build positive parent child relationships. The programme explores the impact of family, culture and community influences and explores how to keep children and young people safe. SFSC No crèche facilities available. The group is FREE
The programme covers
- Building positive parent-child relationship
- Encouraging strong ethnic and cultural roots in your children
- Providing your child with a range of life skills, self esteem and self discipline
- Supporting you and you child to stay safe and become an active member of your community
Starting Wednesday 21.02.2018 from 10am to 1:00pm
SENSORY PROCESSING WORKSHOP
A workshop for parents and carers of children and young people who may have difficulties with sensory processing, whether they have a diagnosis or not.
Symptoms can include
Visual: Overwhelmed in a visually ‘busy’ environment.
Auditory: the listening sense. Low tolerance of noise generally, says that noise ‘hurts ears’ or gives him/her a headache.
Oral: the sense of taste & texture. Fussy or picky eater with determined food preferences and limited range.
To get the best out of the training parents will need to be able to attend both sessions.
SPW 2 sessions – Friday 9th March and Friday 16th March 10:00am to 12:30pm